Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cheesy Vegetable Soup


Oh my, doesn't that look nummy?! I prepared this last night as my chicken & dumplings were going in my other crock pot. I bought an APPLIANCE TIMER (why the caps? Because when I was trying to figure out what "that thing is called that you plug your crock pot into and set it for a certain time?" I found out the proper name and am very proud of that fact!) and set it to go (LOW 3 to 4 hours) from 2pm to 6pm and I will start checking it at about 5pm. What? Get to the recipe already? Well FINE, rudepants!

     1 can cream of mushroom OR cream of celery (pictured with cream of mushroom)
     1 regular sized jar of Cheese Whiz
     4 C frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I used a mix of peas, beans, carrots & corn)
     3/4 C water
     1 can evaporated milk
     1 tbs dried minced onion *shudder*      
  
  I do not like onions here or there,
  I do not like onions anywhar

Okay, you pressured me so I had to list the ingredients by memory and *cough* I, uh, I think that's it. I did NOT thaw the veggies before I mixed it all in because I prefer to make mine the night before I'm cooking it, so I threw it all together in my greased 4qt crock pot, mixed it up and put it in the fridge overnight. I'm hoping it thawed....

I have to confess that I haven't tried this recipe yet, I just loved the simplicity of it and wanted to see what it turns out to be. Hopefully edible!


**I'd suggest serving with a nice crusty garlic bread**


UPDATE: My husband Shawn and I loved it but our 8yo daughter thought it was too cheesy. We all loved dipping the crust of the garlic bread into it and i will definitely be making it again in the future.

!!!!WINNER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment