Friday, April 5, 2013

Bread Machine Egg Bread Recipe


One of my favorite kitchen appliances is my Zojirushi bread machine. It's got a horizontal pan that will bake up to a 2lb loaf. I have the BB-CEC20 and I absolutely adore it. They also make a model that has special setting specifically for gluten-free recipes! These are ridiculously expensive but if you bide your time and consistently check Amazon's Warehouse Deals, you can get one for less than $120.

I wanted to make some bread today and I have never tried egg bread before but with all of the eggs I have, 2 to 4 dozen regularly, I decided to go ahead and make it. Not too long ago I bought BHG's Best Bread Machine Recipes from Amazon and I would suggest buying it to anyone with a bread maker. All of their recipes have a 1 1/2lb version as well as a 2lb version.

This bread could possibly be my most favorite recipe so far from a bread maker! It smells terrific, is fairly light, really soft, and is fabulous sliced and buttered with supper.

The 2lb Recipe

3/4 C Milk
1/3 C Water
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp oil, margarine, or butter
4 C Flour, I used unbleached all-purpose
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast

I'd recommend using your bread maker's instructions as far as setting, etc.

The steps I used according to Zojirushi:

Add the first 4 ingredients to the pan, then add the flour. Place the sugar in one corner, the salt in the opposite corner. Make a dimple in the middle of the flour without breaking through to the liquid below. Put the yeast in this dimple.

I used the 'light' crust control setting and the 'basic bread' setting.

Do you have a favorite bread machine recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment