Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Banana Cream Pie!!!

 

While I was at work today, my brand shiny spanky new gorgeous Cuisinart stand mixer arriveth! I suddenly started feeling sick *cough*sniff*cough* and headed home to play with it... er, to feel better...

I stopped at my local Top Foods on the way home to pick up some banana pie fixin's... oh, uh.. and cold medicine *cough*hack*cough*

I'm sure most of you have made a banana cream pie but I still want to share with you my own super quick and yummy version.

Fun Fact: homemade whipped cream contains half of the carbs and half of the sugar than most ready made versions.

Without further ado, I give you:

    Mr. Barton's Favorite Banana Cream Pie

     3 Banananananananas
     5.1oz pkg Banana Pudding Mix
     2 1/2 C Milk
     2 C Whipped Cream -made mine with my mixer *snaps suspenders*
     1 Ready-made Graham Cracker Crust
    Mix milk and dry banananana pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in the whipped cream and then set the mix aside in your fridge. Slice the bananas and line the wall and bottom of the graham cracker pie crust with them (1 layer). Pour mix into crust over banananananas making sure to cover the ones around the edge very well so thay they don't turn brown. Put back into the fridge for at least 1 hour.

I know its not the best picture but I didn't want to drag out my camera-camera.

It was soooo nice having a mixer! I was able to do other things (cut up the bananas) while it was mixing and the clean up was much easier :)

I love my Nart!

1 comment: