Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pork Chops ala Crock

I like pork, I have nothing against it, its just never been one of my favorite meats. It might be be cause I do not like a lot of fat. Well, I don't like ANY fat really and pork seems to be 50% (in reality probably less than 25%). We raised pigs this year though (first time) so in preparation I scoured the internet for recipes and found this little ditty.
I am aware that a ditty is a song or song-like tune. This recipe makes my tastebuds siiiiiiing! Hence, it is a ditty.
I'm going to make this shorter than my usual posts because I've got to clean my kitchen! Just threw a bread dough in the crock (link will be here soon) and made a hellacious mess because I do not have a stand mixer as of yet! Argh!


  Pork Chops ala Crock
   Grease your crock pot!
     4 bone-in pork chops -the ones from our pigs were 1.5lbs each!



    Place the chops in the bottom of the crock. You may have to layer them.



    In a separate bowl, mix together:
     1 can cream of chicken soup
     1 packet of dry onion *shudder* soup
     1 packet of dry pork gravy -this was hard for me to find dry!
     1 1/2 C chicken broth



I mixed all of that together and then strained it over the chops so that the repulsive onion *shudder* bits didn't get through to taint my meat! You don't need to do this though. I am the crazy picky eater, not you. Or are you?
After you pour the mix over the chops, crock on LOW 6 to 8 hrs.
Pull the chops out and make a gravy with the remaining liquids. I swear, if you try this recipe this way, you'd kiss me if you could!
Please leave any comments, feedback, questions, cleaned up dirty jokes...
**UPDATE** 12/06/11: We had these tonight for dinner, it was my 2nd time making them. My husband hadn't remembered how amazing they were until he took a bite and said such things as:
     "Wow. I never want this taste to leave my mouth."
     "That is CRAZY good!"
     "They should make gum in this flavor so I can eat it longer."
     "You know what the problem with making that is? What can you do to top it?!"
I should rename these "Bribery Chops" because I believe I could have asked for and gotten anything I wanted with a plate of these in front of him :)
One thing I will change next time, I will double all ingredients except the chops. The gravy was so spectacular that a full small sauce pot of it wasn't enough for us! Maybe I'll actually be able to get some in the freezer this time!

I apologize for not having an "After" photo. 
Every time I make these, my family eats them before I can snap a picture!

6 comments:

  1. Those are some big chops. Sounds yummay. I will have to try! Aunt Penny I also tried to become a member but it's not working. I will try later

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think when you try it! I was very pleasantly surprised the first time I tried it.

    This system isn't the easiest but it's worth it when you DO finally become a member :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These will be going into my Mr. Cooks it in about an hour and a half. I am going to bribe him for some Cavalia tickets... I will let you know when I am going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Make sure you mention it after he makes a comment on the smell, and then ask him after he takes a bite! Can't wait to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! The were freaking amazing!!! He loved them! As did I. They were really moist and freaking amazing. He said "We'll see" about the tickets... I need to search and figure out what else I can do in my Mr. Cooks It so I can get something out of him... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried the caffeinated roast? I also have a great one for stew, an amazing homemade mac & cheese, and chicken & dumplings that are in the works but not posted yet.

    ReplyDelete