Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wait.. Homemade Mac & Cheese Is NOT Gross??

Ugh, I've always disliked homemade mac & cheese. I don't like cooking that takes up a lot of time. I don't like brick cheese (well, DIDN'T). I do not like overcooked noodles. I don't like weird stuff in foods it doesn't belong in. All of that meant homegrown M&C was out for me.
.
.
.
.
... until now!





Crocked Macaroni & Cheese

12-16oz box of noodles, half-cooked - I like Barilla's cellentani
16oz brick of Sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 can Evaporated Milk
1 1/2 C Milk
2 Eggs
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper, ground

O Chopped onion to taste *shudder*


Grease or spray crock pot. 
 
Cook your noodles for HALF OF THE TIME YOU NORMALLY WOULD COOK THEM. Rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process. This is important; you do not want an icky mushy noodle mushing around in your mouth, being all mushy and stuff. 
 
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour mixture in crock. Cover, COOK 3 to 4 hours on LOW.

DO NOT remove lid or stir until mixture has finished cooking.

I love this recipe because it's very very easy and all of the ingredients are ones that I always have on hand or can have on hand without worrying they will spoil. I wish I could express how much I've HATED any M&C other than Kraft brand so that you could understand how great this recipe must be for me to love it. I've made it 3 times in the last 6 weeks and it's a hit every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment